TRAINING & EVENTS
Expanding Quality FOR Infants AND Toddlers (EQIT)
This 48-hour course provides up-to-date training information to enhance your work with infants and toddlers. Cost: $50.
EQIT Course: March 12-May 9, 2020: Click Here – EQIT Registration Form_Saturdays_Mar-May2020
For more information or questions, please contact Sandra Gregory at:
email@example.com or call (720) 560-7300
To kick off 2020, Tri-County is offering a free, in-person breastfeeding training on Wednesday, March 25th 6-8pm in Centennial. Dinner is included! See attached for the flyer and visit this link for details and registration. Feel free to share with your networks.
This class will cover similar material to the PDIS breastfeeding module, but may be helpful if:
- You are working towards your Breastfeeding Friendly certification and have not yet completed the training requirements.
- You are looking to ‘refresh’ your knowledge on supporting breastfeeding families.
- You prefer an interactive, in-person training format.
- You have new staff who have not yet been trained on breastfeeding best practices.
- You are looking to meet and connect with other local child care providers.
All types of child care providers are welcome to register.
Please feel free to reach out with any questions!
Click Here to learn more – Breastfeeding in Child Care Training Flyer March 2020
Arapahoe Community College (ACC)
Coming this Fall at Arapahoe Community College
English Language Learning (ELL)
Through a generous grant from the Buell Foundation, ACC is offering two English Language Learning (ELL) cohorts:
1) Spanish speakers with an instructor fluent in Spanish and
2) Students with English as their second language. Extra support will be provided for these students.
Full scholarships for ECE 101 Intro to Early Childhood Education and ECE 103 Guidance Strategies will be available for the ELL cohorts.
Contact Kristin Habicht, firstname.lastname@example.org or Kathy Sutherland, Kathleen.email@example.com for more information.
2020 Free Early Childhood Teacher Trainings
Learn How to Help Protect Children from the Impact of Secondhand Smoke
The American Lung Association is offering free training to organizations serving low-income families on electronic smoking devices, how to prevent secondhand smoke and aerosol exposure, and an introduction to asthma. The training is offered in-person or online. Topics include:
- E-cigarette aerosol and secondhand smoke
- Health impact of secondhand smoke exposure on children
- Motivational interviewing techniques
- Available local and statewide tobacco cessation resources and support
- Basic information about asthma and how to manage it
Visit www.RaiseSmokeFreeKids.com for up-to-date resources on e-cigarettes, secondhand smoke, asthma, marijuana, and more!
Organizations who implement ONE Step are eligible for gift cards and other prizes. Schedule your training today so we can all work together in creating safe and clean environments for children to grow up in. If you have questions, please reach out to Valerie Steinmetz (Valerie.Steinmetz@Lung.org or 303-847-0279).
Cooking Matters for Child Care Professionals (CMCCP)
Click here to learn more or sign up below for a class in your community.
CHILD CARE INNOVATIONS
Professional Development Opportunities…
This bi-annual publication provides information about training sessions offered by our agency. All sessions are presented by highly qualified part-time staff. Certificates are provided to document your professional development, interactive learning ex-periences, current best practice information for early childhood professionals…all at affordable prices.
Pyramid Plus Approach Training
Early Childhood professionals working to improve the social emotional health of children Birth – 5 years: includes administrators, coaches, trainers, teachers, Early Childhood Mental Health consultants, Early Intervention providers and other health professionals are encouraged to attend.